Massage therapy is such a beneficial addition to life. It can be used to relieve stress, assist in correction of chronic pain, and/or just be a nice bonus for yourself.
The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? The following are just a few examples of how body work can assist you:
- Improve range of motion and alleviate low-back pain.
- A beneficial way to prepare for labor by relaxing expectant mothers
- Reduce medication dependence for certain diseases and inflammations.
- Strengthen immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Help balance the muscles with exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Assist athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s organs—especially the largest organ: the skin.
- Increase flexibility.
- Improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Allow the body to absorb oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine and tension headache pain.